Dedicated to educating professionals…
The California Water Environment Association is a non-profit education and technical organization for people involved in the water/wastewater industry. The purpose is to enhance the education and effectiveness of California’s wastewater professionals through training, certification, dissemination of technical information and promotion of sound policies to benefit society through protection and enhancement of the water environment
Providing opportunities for professional growth and recognition…
Through its voluntary Technical Certification Program, CWEA provides opportunities for professional growth. Voluntary tests are written by vocational specialists, and administered twice yearly in six different disciplines:
- Collection System Maintenance
- Laboratory Analysis
- Mechanical Technology
- Electrical & Instrumentation
- Environmental Compliance Inspection
- Industrial Waste Treatment Operation
CWEA and its local sections hold training’s and conferences throughout the year all across the state. From the multi-day Annual Conference in April each year to the one day Specialty Conferences and Local Section Dinner Meetings, CWEA has something for everyone. The sessions include timely and informative technical programs. Also, vendor and equipment exhibits offer members a unique opportunity to make contact with the providers of goods and services, and review new products and services developed for utilization in the wastewater industry.
Professional accomplishment is recognized through an awards program that presents more than 300 awards annually. Awards are given for distinguished service, significant contributions to the field, and for leadership I the promotion of issues affecting wastewater.
CWEA also has a scholarship program that annually awards money to students interested in wastewater careers
- Enhance the education and effectiveness of wastewater professionals through training and certification.
- Develop and implement effective delivery mechanisms to rapidly disseminate knowledge concerning the water environment
- Advance the knowledge and technology in the planning, design, construction, operation and management of wastewater treatment systems and facilities.
- Improve the professional status of all personnel working in the wastewater industry and related fields.
- Encourage sound policy in matters relating to the water quality control field.
- Advance the knowledge and understanding of the water environment and its interaction with other aspects of the environment.
- Stimulate public awareness of the importance of wastewater treatment to public health and the water environment.